Last updated: 15 July 2020
We value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information. Please read this Policy to understand what types of information we collect from you, for what purposes and what choices you have regarding our collection of your information.
Children’s Personal Information
This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others).
If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without verification of parental consent, please contact us using our contact form.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Your email address and password. We treat this information as “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”. We never store passwords in plain text format, only secure password hashes.
- If you made a purchase on IGCSE.net, we store a token provided by our payment processor PayPal which represents your credit card information. Aside from this token, which is usable only by IGCSE.net, credit card information is not stored on IGCSE.net servers.
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as demographic information about you, information about your computer system or device, your preferences, your school, your online activity, and your location information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” a “Non-PII”). Non-PII, by itself, does not identify you, but it can be combined with other information in way that allows you to be identified. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as PII.
We may collect information from or about you in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You. We collect information provided by you when you (1) create your public profile; (2) communicate with us or request information about or from us by e-mail or other means; (3) participate in our online forums or post content on this Website (“User Contributions”), (4) fill out forms or fields on this Website; (5) sign-up for any of our newsletters, materials or our services on this Website or other sites; or (6) participate in our online surveys or questionnaires.
- Information from Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other third party or public sources, such as from public forums, social networks (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or others), blogs, other users, or our business partners.
- Automatic Information Collection. We also use automatic data collection technologies to collect and store certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns when you interact with this Website through your computer or mobile device. In addition, we may allow third party ad networks to use automatic data collection technologies to collect similar information about you for purposes of providing interest-based ads.
Automatic information collection technologies
The information that we collect about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns includes, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, search queries, as well as information about the computer or device you are using and the Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This automatically collected information typically does not include PII, but we may maintain it or associate it with your personal information collected in other ways. Collection of this type of information helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to, among other things: (1) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (2) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests; (3) speed up your searches; and (4) recognize you when you return to this Website.
The automatic collection technologies we or our service providers use for this automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). This Website may use two types of cookies (small data files placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website): a “session cookie,” which expires immediately when you end your browsing session and a “persistent cookie,” which stores information on your hard drive so when you end your browsing session and return to this website later, the cookie information is still available.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this Website and any e-mails sent to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened our e-mails.
Third party advertising partners and interest-based ads
Google Analytics data is used for remarketing purposes. You may visit ad settings to opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Links to Third Party Websites and Social Media Widgets
This Website and some of our electronic communications to you, may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Links to third parties from this Website are not an endorsement by us. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle information they may collect from or about you.
This Website may also include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and the page you are visiting on this Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features and the information from or about you collected by them are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including any PII, to:
- Provide information and services requested by you;
- Provide customer support, including responding to your requests and questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems or complaints;
- Verify the information you provide to us;
- Communicate with you;
- Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in, our services, and content, and the products, services, and content offered by others;
- Develop and display products, services, and content tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites;
- Provide you with promotional materials and Newsletters in case you opt-in to receive those;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online, content, and programming, and other activities;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Website;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Use or post user contributions as permitted in our Terms of Service; and
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide your information and for any other purpose as described to you at the time your information is collected or for which your consent is given.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose and share aggregated non-PII about you at our discretioon. We may disclose or share your PII only in limited circumstances:
- With any Drupal Association employee or agent for support of our internal and business operations or to respond to a request made by you.
- We may disclose information we collect from or about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our affiliates, users of this Website, or other persons.
Your choices about use and disclosure of your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our use of your personal information. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over your information:
- Promotional and Informational e-mails. We do not send any promotional or informational emails without your opt-in first. If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the promotional e-mail. Note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive transactional e-mails from us (e.g., e-mails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, password reset requests, reminder e-mails that you have requested, and any other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Website).
Accessing and correcting your information
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We also may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirements, be contrary to our Terms of Service or any other applicable agreement between you and us, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Upon deletion all private and personally identifying information from your profile will be deleted. The data will stay in backups on our servers for 2 weeks, after which it will be completely removed. Public content you created, such as issues, forum posts, projects, documentation page revisions, etc. won’t be deleted. All this content will be attributed to ‘Anonymous’ user.
Once deleted, your account is gone and cannot be restored.
Protection of your information
We use reasonable security measures to protect your information collected through this Website. We do not store passwords in plain text format, only secure password hashes. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% safe, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. Therefore, your use of this Website is at your own risk and we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your information will always and absolutely remain private and secure. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or concerning this Website. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Visiting this website from outside the United States
What is the refund policy?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. That’s why we provide one sample in each Unit/Chapter for you to decide the type of content we have kept for subscription. No refund once the payment is executed by the user as per the policy of the company (EduCatalyst).